Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mekayla's 1st Birthday

Wow can you all believe that it's been over a year since I posted pictures of my sister's baby shower!? We just celebrated Mekayla's 1st birthday two weeks ago and I can't believe how fast time flew by! I had been MIA from my blog but with good reason. Besides the car accident, I had been working on this birthday party for the past few months amongst other orders that I had to fill.

Well enough with the chit chat...let's move on to the pictures!


These are the favors that I created. I had to make 240 of them. All the boxes were cut by hand so you can imagine why this took me a while! Each favor was filled with two Ferrero Rocher chocolates and tied off with a lavender ribbon.


These are the centerpieces that we made. Our friends over at Popcorn Express Hawaii made us a special blend of matching pink kettle corn to place in each centerpiece. If you haven't tried their Kettle Corn yet, you are so missing out! Talk about delish!!! We made 24 of these centerpieces but I accidently forgot one at home so I got to keep one for myself after all (LOL!).


Here we have the card box. If you remember my post on my sister's baby shower, I used this same basket to wrap her gift in. She saved it and wanted to use it for her party. I wanted it to match the party theme so I redid it a bit. I just love how Hello Kitty is peeking over the edge of the basket. So cute!


This cupcake tower took me about 5 days to make. I wish I took better pictures of it so that you could see the fine detail but unfortunately with all the running around that day, this is the best I have. I'm hoping my sister has better pictures of it. Each of the four sides has grass, flowers with button centers, butterflies and a picket fence that was popped up with 3 layers of pop tape. Even though we had a full sheet of birthday cake, we used this cupcake tower as the focal point of the dessert table. Oh and no, I didn't bake the cupcakes, we ordered them (LOL!) but I did make a Hello Kitty pick for each cupcake. I was supposed to bake the cupcakes but by then I was so tired I that I ran out of steam! Haha!


Here is my adorable niece Mekayla. She truly enjoyed herself that night and I am so glad. Isn't she a cutie!?

Happy 1st birthday Mekayla!


Thanks for visiting!

Chals~

5 comments:

Cami said...

OMG Chals, 240 favors? Well girl, you did a fantastic job decorating the boxes with HK, and goodness the cupcake tower is awesome! You have a flair for pretty and perfect and this is how it turned out. Love the "fence" on the bottom of the table too. Wonderful creation and yummy treats. Your niece is cute as a button! Hard to believe one year has passed since her shower. You sister is very fortunate to have a multi-talented sister as you! Hugs, Cami

Linda said...

Hey Sister! All I can say is OMG ... EVERYTHING about your projects is absolutely amazing! I'm sure your sister was totally happy with the way it all turned out. Yes, I can't believe Mekayla is already a year old. Time is just flying by too quickly, huh? Take care girl and keep in touch. Miss you! xoxo, Linda

Teri said...

Wowee Chalsie! 240 favors plus the centerpieces, cupcake tower, card box, such a busy busy lady! Mekayla is a cutie pie too! TFS, and take care!

Joy said...

Chals~ you are definitely on a roll! you did a fabulous job on all of the goodies! love each and every one that you did! so amazing and so much work! I hope everything is better with you and that you are okay. so glad to know that you are still crafting! keep it up and so glad you are posting! take care and have a fantastic week!

buy rift account said...

OMG! i was totally amazed by your blog.=D